Monday, January 19, 2009

Childhood Memories

Of late, I have been reminiscing about my childhood. My parents had sent some stuff for me from India through some friends who had come from India. How sweet right? The best part of the parcel was an envelope from from sister. It was a picture of the two of us that was taken close to 15 years ago. I was probably 9 and my sister was 7. It was the day of my sari ceremony and the two of us had to wake up at an insane hour of the morning. We look dead exhausted :D But thinking back brought a smile to my face. As Pri rightly said, "From ugly to gorgeous".

I had this insane urge to eat beetroot chutney today. I don't even remember the last time I ate beetroot chutney. lol. It was that long ago. So i bought myself beets and made the chutney and I swear it was the best thing I have eaten in forever! It was so good (Sigh!). When we were kids, the only vegetable that we used to love was beetroot. We loved the pink color and there was never enough of it. Mix it in sambhar, we got pink sambhar. Mix it in rasam, we got pink rasam. Mix it in curd rice, we got pink curd rice. The day mom made beetroot we made just about everything pink!

The good old days!

No comments: