Saturday, March 14, 2009

When things work out ...

I have been looking for a job for as long as I can remember! Ever since the first quarter, I've been job hunting. First, it was for internships and then later changed to career opportunities. It has been a long long process, at times even quite tiring. Edit the cover letter and the resume for every job that you apply to. Search every imaginable job board. Take care not to apply more than once to the same job even though it maybe on different job boards. Wow! There were so many details to remember and keep track of before applying for a single job.

Added to the tension of having to find a job, is the fact that you are graduating and need something concrete within three months! Visa issues are simply overwhelming and easily let your head go in an indefinite spin. When you have been looking for a job for as long as I have, the number of rejects that ultimately come your way is huge. Having to deal with a reject, keep that motivation up and continue to look takes up a lot of effort. I couldn't have done it if not for my family and my friends.

A strong support system is what got me through the worst of times. Now that I finally have an offer, I am so relieved. It is a dream come true for me to have a job right before I graduate. This is always how I have wanted it! I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders and an overwhelming sense of exhaustion settle upon me. I have no words to explain just how happy I am. The icing on the cake would have been if my family could have been here to see me at my commencement. But hey, I do know that they are all rooting for me from wherever they are! This day signifies the start of a life that is different from one that I have known thus far ...

No comments: