Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spaghetti Warehouse



I went to this queer little place for dinner tonight and I thought it was worthy of a mention. It's called the Spaghetti Warehouse and it's in the downtown area of Downtown Columbus. Everything about this place is queer starting with its name. I had heard this name thrown about a couple of times and I've always been curious about it.

A friend and I decided to check it out to see what all the fuss was about. The location was queer. It was an old beat up warehouse that sat in between two railway tracks. The railway tracks weren't just on either side, but they warehouse was in a rut between them. It freaked me out a little and I was worried about the safety of the place.

We found a spot to park and in we go and immediately, I was assaulted but the most peculiar smell, one that is so weird that you wouldn't eat there if you were paid a million bucks. OK, now I'm just exaggerating! It wasn't that bad, but it did smell weird. We got a nice table at a corner, and in about ten minutes my nose was accustomed to the smell :D

We ordered their very famous 15-layer lasagna and a Chicken Parmagiana. They said it would be a few minutes and that in the mean time we should enjoy some freshly baked sourdough bread with Herb Butter! When they said freshly baked, they meant freshly baked! It was warm and as soft as cotton when it was brought to our table. The herb butter literally melted on the bread! Delicious! I knew then that our dinner was going to be amazing!

It was not more than 10 minutes and the waiter arrived with our entrees. One bite of the Lasagna and I died! Wow! It was fabulous. Rich tomato sauce, meaty chunks and crumbling cheese in between the most delicate pasta sheets. It was a work of art. The Chicken Parmagiana on the other hand wasn't quite as nice, but was really good. The Lasagna just outdid it.

The quantities were pretty large too! I have a doggy bag I can enjoy tomorrow. :D I loved this place and I would go back there any day. They also have a lot of queer stuff inside, plaques, weird looking machinery from god knows when, a confession box, a video game arcade, a fortune telling machine, and a whole load more. If you come to Columbus, its a place you must go to!

No comments: