Saturday, February 28, 2009

Disney on ICE

I really don;t know how time passes me by! I just realized that it has been a month since I blogged. Sheesh!

I went to watch Disney on Ice today at the Nationwide Arena. The ads on TV were so good, that I simply had to go! And believe you me, it was so worth it. The whole experience was truly magical and brought out the kid in me.

It was my first visit to Nationwide Arena and I was amazed by the stadium, the home of the Columbus Blue Jackets. The neon lights showcasing the products(ads of course) showed me the extent of consumerism in the US. When I thought about it, I realized that was the very reason I was at Nationwide to watch the show! Consumerism ...

I soon forgot this line of thought when we decided that we should get something to drink. A 18oz cup of coke cost a whopping $5.25. Someone on the next aisle spoke when he said, "$10 for a cube of sugar!", when he was talking about the cotton candy being sold. It was daylight robbery to say the least.

Despite all of that, when the show started, I was amazed. I was so excited when I saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. The Incredibles were there as well and all of these characters were woven into a really cute story about the Incredibles going to Disneyland to want to be a regular family for one day. But no, it doesn't work that way! Mickey and Minnie get kidnapped by Syndrome. The Incredibles try to free Mickey and Minnie from their Laser prisons, so the show can go on and Disneyland can become the World's Happiest Place again. It was so cute and despite the fact that it cost me a fortune, I am really glad that I went!



I did think and wish that I had gotten to see this 10-15 years ago, when we were still reading Disney stories. Its a must watch!

No comments: